Apprenticeships/Traineeships/TAFE and Skilltech Certificate Courses
(ATAR ineligible/selection rank pathway students only)
- Students may also study TAFE courses while they are enrolled at the College. TAFE courses run on a designated day of the week as negotiated by the school and TAFE. Students will be required to attend the TAFE campus for the duration of this day. Students are responsible for their own transport to and from the TAFE campus.
- Students enrolling in these courses are considered TAFE students and therefore are required to meet all personal and assessment expectations set out by TAFE. Students will also be required to pay their materials fee to TAFE before commencing the course.
- When students attend the TAFE campus they have the opportunity to access specialised industry specific equipment.
- When a TAFE course appears on the students Senior Education and Training Plan (SET Plan) they are able to access the course at a highly subsidized fee. In many cases the student will only pay a materials fee. Students can only complete one TAFE course at any one time while at high school.
- Students who do not demonstrate satisfactory progress in their program of study at school will have their TAFE enrolment cancelled without refund or reimbursement of TAFE fees.
Traineeships and Apprenticeships
The College fully supports students in accessing traineeships and apprenticeships by enabling students to have 1 day each week (as negotiated by the school and employer) to ensure the successful completion of a traineeship/apprenticeship. After 6 months of meeting the obligations of the traineeship/apprenticeship and all academic, attendance and behaviour requirements of the college the student may have the option to reduce the number of subjects studied. (Please note that English and Maths must be studied and cannot be one of the subjects that is no longer studied).